Rubina Dilaik On How Parenthood Impacted Her And Abhinav's Relationship, Quips, 'Brain Fog Is Real'

In a recent interview, Rubina Dilaik talked about how her life changed after embracing motherhood and shared the challenges that she faced.


By Kalash Khurana Last Updated:


Rubina Dilaik On How Parenthood Impacted Her And Abhinav's Relationship, Quips, 'Brain Fog Is Real'

Rubina Dilaik and her husband, Abhinav Shukla, are proud parents to their twin daughters, Jeeva and Edhaa. The actress embraced motherhood for the first time on November 27, 2023. Since then, Rubina has prioritised her little ones' well-being above everything else. The diva, who returned to work within a month of her delivery, hosts her chat show, Kisine Bataya Nehi, where she invites celebrity moms to discuss issues pertaining to motherhood. Now, Rubina talked about dealing with the challenges after becoming a mom.

Rubina Dilaik reveals how motherhood changed her life

In an interview with the ETimes, Rubina Dilaik opened up about how her life changed after embracing motherhood. Talking about the same, she shared that she believes in the importance of striking a balance between motherhood and work. The Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki actress called herself a self-confessed workaholic and mentioned that she experiences brain fog a lot of times. She said:

"Now my attention has to be divided between my career and personal life because my daughters need that attention. It is challenging and overwhelming at times to manage everything. I've realised that brain fog is real - I tend to forget a lot of things, but eventually, it helps because that way I can slow down. Being a mother is not easy. To nurture new lives, I have to be at ease and get out of that rigorous cycle that I've been following for so long."

Recommended Read: Shatrughan Sinha Reacts To Sonakshi's Wedding For The First Time, She Disables Comments Amid Mocking

Rubina Dilaik on managing work and home simultaneously

Further in the interview, Rubina was asked if work has taken a backseat for her now, and she said that she got back to work within a month of her delivery. She shared that she has been very selective about work and chooses projects that don't keep her away from home for long periods. Talking about the support she got from her family, Rubina said:

"No, it hasn't. I was working till the day I delivered my daughters and then within a month, I was back to work. It's all about prioritising things. I am being very selective about work. I want to take up a project that doesn't keep me away from home for long periods. I want to strike a good balance between work and managing my home. I've been blessed with a supportive family and an understanding husband. With their constant support and motivation, I've been able to manage my life better."

Rubina shares how her relationship with Abhinav Shukla changed after embracing parenthood

Rubina mentioned that her relationship with her husband, Abhinav Shukla, too, has changed after embracing parenthood. She shared that they try to be there for their daughters all the time and divide their time mindfully. Shedding light on Abhinav's support for her, Rubina said:

"After becoming parents, 70 per cent of our focus is our daughters. We try to make the most of the remaining 30 per cent. We knew how things would change and we were prepared for it. There is a great deal of understanding now between us. We divide our time mindfully. We take our time out to do the things that we like and manage to unwind. Abhinav has been a pillar of support for me and makes sure that I take time out for myself."

Also Read: Sonakshi Sinha And Zaheer Iqbal Groove To 'Mast Mast Do Nain' At Reception, Cut A Yummy 4-Tier Cake


Rubina Dilaik on imbibing family values in her daughters

Talking about how they want to raise their daughters, Edhaa and Jeeva, Rubina shared that they want to imbibe family values in their baby girls. They ensure that their daughters spend a lot of time with their grandparents so that they learn the importance of family in their lives. In Rubina's words:

"Abhinav & I have had heart-to-heart conversations about how we want to raise our girls. Family values are most important. We both practice so many things in our own lives, so we don't need to teach them that. We're sure they will imbibe those qualities. We ensure that our kids spend time with their grandparents so that they understand the value of family."

What are your views on Rubina Dilaik's revelations?

Next Read: Sonakshi Sinha Gets Emotional As 'Nanad' Performs Pre-Wedding Rituals, She Stuns In A Minimal Suit

Stay updated with latest entertainment news
Follow us on
Google news, flipboard, facebook,
whatsapp, instagram, twitter