On Samantha Akkineni's Show, Rana Daggubati Talks About His Near-Death Experience With Past Illness

On Samantha Akkineni's talk show, 'Sam Jam', South Indian actor, Rana Daggubati talked about his life-threatening illness. Find out!


By Rishabh Naudiyal Last Updated:

On Samantha Akkineni's Show, Rana Daggubati Talks About His Near-Death Experience With Past Illness

It was in May 2020, when South superstar, Rana Daggubati had broken millions of hearts after he had announced that he's already taken and will soon tie the knot with his fiancée, Miheeka Bajaj. And, on May 8, 2020, the lovebirds had tied the knot in an intimate wedding ceremony in the presence of their family members and loved ones. The couple had looked breathtakingly beautiful on their wedding day in their respective attires. (Recommended Read: Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya's Marriage Proposal, Pens A Cryptic Tweet [Details Inside])

For the big day, the bride, Miheeka had swooned us in Anamika Khanna lehenga which was beautifully adorned in zardozi, chikankari, and gold metalwork and the handmade attire had reportedly taken 10,000 hours to make. While the groom, Rana had complemented his bride in a traditional mundu and kurta.

Rana Daggubati and Miheeka Bajaj

In the second episode of Samantha Akkineni's popular talk show, Sam Jam, her close friend and South Indian actor, Rana Daggubati made an appearance and talked about a lot of fun things about his acting career and life after his wedding with wife, Miheeka Bajaj. However, in the latter part of the show, when Samantha asked Rana to throw some light on his past illness that was almost like a near-death experience for him. The actor revealed that the doctor had clearly told him that there could be a 30 per cent chance of straight death. A teary-eyed Rana said, "It could have been a 70 per cent chance of stroke or haemorrhage and 30 per cent chance of death straight." (Don't Miss: Anita Hassanandani Flaunts Her Baby Bump In A Yellow Floral Dress, Poses With BFF, Surbhi Jyoti)

The statement bought tears in the eyes of his fans and people who were sitting in the audience. Going further in his statement, Rana Daggubati also opened up about the health issues he was dealing with at that time and how his kidneys had failed. He added, "When life was on a fast forward, there was suddenly a pause button. There was BP, calcification around the heart, and you have failed kidneys." After hearing all of this, Samantha got a little bit emotional and heaped praises on Rana for coming out victorious like a superhero from such a deadly situation. She said, "Though people were crumbling around you, you were like a rock. I have seen it in front of my eyes, and that's why he is a superhero to me."

On October 17, 2020, South superstar, Rana Daggubati's gorgeous wife, Miheeka Bajaj had taken to her Instagram handle and had shared a mesmerisingly beautiful selfie with her hubby. In the picture, the couple had looked like made-for-each-other as they had posed for a selfie with their bright smiles. In the picture, Miheeka had looked stunning in her beach outfit, while Rana had looked dapper in his cap. Along with the stunning picture, Miheeka had written a cutesy caption, and it could be read as "Just because @ranadaggubati." Take a look: 

There's no doubt that Rana Daggubati's battle against his life-threatening illness is a tale of sheer determination and never giving up and it has definitely inspired everyone. As for now, the actor is enjoying his marital life with his doting wifey, Miheeka Bajaj, who never skips a moment to shower her immense love on him through her Instagram posts. On August 14, 2020, Miheeka Bajaj had taken to her Instagram handle and had shared some pictures from her wedding day and haldi ceremony and had written "My love, my life, my heart, my soul! Thank you for being everything I've ever dreamt of and so much more!! You make me a better person in life. I love you! @ranadaggubati" in the caption. (Also Read: Comedian, Rajeev Nigam Opens Up About His Son's Death, Reveals Only Maniesh Paul Had Offered Help)

Did you find Rana's tale inspiring? Let us know!

Cover and Images Courtesy: Rana Daggubati