About Us
Advertise With Us
RSS Feed | Content Syndication
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contact Us
BollywoodShaadis.com © 2025, Red Hot Web Gems (I) Pvt Ltd, All Rights Reserved.
Every '90s kid has grown up watching CID and one cannot forget Shivaji Satam a.k.a 'ACP Pradyuman's' standard dialogue, "Kuch toh gadbad hai Daya." Recently, there were reports claiming that Shivaji would be exiting the cult classic show as his officer character would be dead in the show. This was reported on March 3, 2025, and now, the senior star has opened about whether he would be exiting CID. The 74-year-old actor admitted that, at the moment, he has not been shooting the crime show and has no idea about his exit.
Veteran actor, Shivaji has finally opened up about the rumours related to gossip doing rounds about him exiting CID. In the iconic show, Shivaji has been playing the role of 'ACP Pradyuman' since 1998. There have been constant rumours that the makers would be writing off 'ACP Pradyuman's' character as now the crime drama series is airing on Netflix. Shivaji also shared that any official update related to CID would come from Sony as the show to date is their property. During a recent interview with Mid Day, Shivaji shared that he had no idea of such developments and said:
"I am personally not aware if the character will be exiting the show or not. Currently, I am enjoying a nice long holiday and have not been informed about any future shooting for CID."
Shivaji, earlier in an interview with Bombay Times shared that he had no idea of him exiting the show and shared that he has been on a break for a while. He also said that the makers of the show best know what lies ahead with CID. The actor has learnt to take everything in his stride and if they feel his track is over, he is okay with the same. Shivaji added:
"However, I have not been told whether my track is over or not! As of now I am not shooting for the show. I am planning to go on a holiday in May, because my son who lives abroad is coming to India. I have enjoyed playing ACP for 22 years in the earlier season. It has been a great journey. The show has given me a lot. As of now I am just taking a break and am going to enjoy my life. I have worked hard and everyone deserves a break. Whether my track will be revived or not is something the makers know well."
It was on April 3, 2025 that reports were swirling that Shivaji bid farewell to the series that has had the longest running duration. It was a report by India Today that stated that 'Pradyuman's' character would be dead. The news sent shockwaves to the fans and the actor as well. The report said that veteran star, Tigmanshu Dhulia who will play the leader of an Eye Gang would plant a bomb to kill CID's team. While the other officers would survive, 'ACP Pradyuman' would be no more.
What do you think of Shivaji Satam's reaction on not exiting CID?
Continue reading below
Also Read: Jasmin Bhasin Reacts To Wedding Buzz With Aly Goni After Krishna Mukherjee's Hint 'We're Honestly..'
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement